Just Venting...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
Well here is a long story. When I got my ST, it came with a NAV & DVD system that wasn't supposed to be in the truck. My dealership had it shipped to me from Ohio. So, being the nice person that I am I said I would give it back to the original dealership, which I did not have to do if I did not want to do, it was a mistake on the other dealerships part and I had already left the lot with nothing owed.

Ok, so FINALLY , after a month of waiting for the original parts mine came in. I had it in for 2 days to remove the NAV, DVD, headrests with monitors & was suppose to have the cargo extender installed because it didn't come with it and was suppose to. Ok so the 2nd day I got a call from my dealership....they sent the wrong everything, except the stereo! AHHHH! So I go to pick up my truck...the stereo in it is all f'd up and now the buttons on the steering wheel are screwed up. Nothing works right AND guess what, wrong stereo. So now I am angry. They need to order everything again! On top of that, they lost a plastic piece to my dash right next to my pedal extender button! What the hell! The guy at the dealership hops in the driver side, and I go to the passenger side to fix the seat. Guess what is on my passenger side door? Give up yet? Well I'll tell ya....a HUGE gash/dent! Just sweet! This has been such a head ache I wish I had never bought the damn truck!!! Now I have a hole in the dash, gash/dent in the door, and my stereo which doesn't work. I have to wait 6-8 weeks for this to get finished. What a joke!:angry:

And Ford wonders why it's business is going down. I would be in their face every day if this happened to me. No excuse. Wish you luck.

Thanks. Yeah I am so mad, I have had a tension head-sche for at least a week now, which sux so bad. I just can't believe this whole deal....the deal from hell. I love this truck, but now I have another 6-8 weeks to deal with this. I started visibly shaking when I discovered the gash/dent in my door....people just don't do that to other people's cars for god's sake! I wish I could just give it back to them and go get something else at this point!:(

Bootsy, not for nothing, but you should have left well enough alone.

I know you thought you were doing what was right, and giving back to Ford what they gave you by mistake. But the reality is that even with a huge markup on a Nav & DVD system, you returning it for a stock system would more than likely COST, not SAVE Ford and the dealer money in the long run. That's why they weren't going to press the issue and make you return it.

You should have just got your extender and left the Nav unit in.

You will know better next time.

TJR

Yeah that's what I was thinking myself. They told me I would be stealing it if I didn't return it. Although I know my rights and technically it was mine once I left the lot. BUT, I am one of those people who try to do what is right ALWAYS. I also believe what comes around goes around, and I could not even try to see what would be coming to me by taking it. I am just hoping something good will come of it when it is all said and done. I wish this whole world was like that, but it is not. I guess I just couldn't live with myself by taking it....but now I wish I had.

Now they are paying as much as the NAV/DVD system costs to repair all the crap they broke/destroyed in the first place.....

I sure hope so! For all I have to deal with, I really hope they have to pay at least double and end up loosing money on it all!

Your Truck.Your Order. Your Descision.

You ordered your truck the way you wanted it. With or without, extra or not, you

should have gotten it exactly the way you wanted it in the first place.

Stick with it and be persistent. May not hurt to mention that you are a member

of a forum with lots of knowledgeable people who can and will help you get your

story out to others if need be. Not in a threatening tone, mind you, but matter-of

factly. I have done this before, and usually it will catch their attention if nothing else

will. Word of mouth, or word of internet advertising, so to speak, is a very powerful

tool!

Good luck and keep us posted!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daeron, Bootsy,

Even if everything went correctly with the exchange and it occurred without putting Bootsy out, Ford and the dealer would still be out more money in service costs than the cost of the loss of the NavDVD unit I suspect.

Bottomline: Ford was wrong in ever demanding or asking that Bootsy return it for the very fact I mentioned above. Furthermore, now after all that has happened Ford should not only fix everything broken but it should ALSO kick in some serious coin for diminished value and loss of use of the ST. I'm thinking at least $500 in dealer service center credit, free oil changes for the life of the truck, or something.

I would read them the riot act!

(BTW, what is the "riot act", who wrote it, and what actually does reading it to losers do for you?)

TJR

One of my problems is that when I get angry, I shake and start to black out. I am having a really hard time keeping my cool with the dealership without loosing it. Funny thing is I am the most easy going person alive, and I never get mad unless it has to do with my cars. I take pride in every car I have and I've picked them all out for different reasons. The dealership offered me 6 free oil changes, BUT they are gonna be out of business by January of 2008...Nice. With 4 cars, I am not even gonna get 1 of them I suspect. I wish there was a way to just drop it, get rid of it, and go somewhere else for something else. It is just BS the whole deal is BS!

Even better....pass out and hit your head on something hard. Sue them for bazillions.

Baskin Robbins kept inventing flavors of ice cream because they got tired of making the same stuff over and over again. Ford needs to do the same and invent a new flavor of sh!t because they should be sick of sucking the 36 flavors that they have sucked for so long now.

TJR

TRJ, here is part of your answer:

Riot Act

The Riot Act was passed in British Parliament in the early 1700's.

As read net Durley on 23 November 1830 by Dr. Jones JP:

"Our sovereign the Queen charges and commands that all persons being assembled immediately do disperse themselves and peaceably do depart to their habitations of their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the Act made in the first year of King George I, for preventing tumultuous and riotous assemblies."

Latest posts