K & N

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Bendfeldt

Reaction score
Just recently got my first Sport Trac. Love the Sport Trac Web Site. I've been seeing pictures of the 2007 4.6 Sport Tracs with the K & N chrome air intakes but when I go to the K & N site and try to find a unit for my 2007 I don't see one, So I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Benny

K&N makes a 63 series and a 77 series that fits. This has recently been a topic of conversation within the last 7 days. Try doing a quick search and it should pop up with the part numbers.

From a couple of days ago for you...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1163887&sitename=mysporttrac

AEM makes an excellent product. It's proven to make more hp than K&N in many many different applications. Since it's a dry filter you don't have issues with oil and filter particulate plastering your MAF sensor and tripping CELs.

If I did it over again I'd buy an AEM.

K&N has AEM on material quality and consmetic appeal imo.

Yes, we want to know... I have the K&N factory replacement right now. The CAI would like nice under the hood along with the a mod'd plenum cover. Explorer Express only has the plastic one. Who has the chrome one for good price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Call EE, I am sure they just dont list them all on their site..

Todd Z

For the ones like me that have the K&N cold air filter, can I replace the filter with an AEM replacement filter?

Jose

K&N 63-2573 is the black OEM looking composite unit. This is the one I have in my pics.

Nocturnal STA has the 77 series one. He could probably tell you the stk number. If I had to guess I'd say 77-2573 lol.

I wonder why non of our sponsors ever handled this kit. IMO it should fit all the way to the '05 trac. $170 from mac. I have had thier kits in the past, other cars. The stang in my library is a MAC. It was only $170. K&N knock off and much cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed,

I bought my original MAC from EE whan I first joined the site in 03....

Maybe they just dont have their website updated and still carry them..

Todd Z

If you want a K&N you basically have to pic between black (63) or stainless/chrome look (77).

Like I said, the part number for both is 2573. You just need to pick teh series you want.

Yes, you can use other filters with the K&N intake if they are similar in cone diamiter. I believe Dingo is doing this now.