Kayaks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
Does anyone own one? Or, more specifically, a two-man kayak?

I was looking on the Dick's web site, and their inflatables are nearly as expensive as their hard shells. Besides the threat of puncture, which I assume the manufacturers have addressed, are there any drawbacks to an inflatable?

With respect to the hard shell models, are the models that Dick's sell quality?

I am not looking for an ocean-worthy kayak. However, I will be taking it on the Susquehanna and Juniata Rivers in PA, moderately large rivers. In addition, I would use it on lakes.

These two seem to be the "nicest" (a.k.a., most expensive, which I assume has some relation to quality, but often learn this is not the case) two-man hard shells at Dick's:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1907409&cp=712859.2148705.694713&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=694713

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2131670&cp=712859.2148705.694713&page=2&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family&searchId=694713

I like the Pursuit model's dry storage - gotta keep the keys and wallet somewhere when I'm away from the Trac.

Well, what do you think? Or, where else can I look?

Thanks folks.

After driving to one of many former ice lakes near where my folks' have a cabin, each of which is about 5-7 miles of off-road trails and/or logging roads from the 1930s, can you blame me for wanting to boat on these? My girlfriend and I were the only ones there. The GPS placed these at about 2300 ASL. I love PA. :)

[Broken External Image]:

Looking towards the source of the lake.

[Broken External Image]:

Looking towards the old ice dam, now free flowing through the spillways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way ahead of ya, Nelson. The rest of the purchase involves two 4-piece oars (for transportation), two jackets, and one Harbor Freight bed extender. :)

Latest posts