Kenwood KVT-910 DVD Player Install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C Wells

Reaction score
This is a picture of the stock Head Unit before starting the DVD project. This is a very good Head Unit for those of you that were wondering a change of speakers would make a lot of difference in the sound of the Factory System.

dvd1.jpg

This is what the factory wiring harness and the antenna look like after you remove the Factory Head Unit. You will need the removal tools to get the factory Head Unit out of the dash.

dvd2.jpg

This Picture shows the wiring harness for the new in dash DVD Player/ CD / AM - FM Radio / UHF - VHF TV. The wiring is the most time consuming part of the install. All the wires were routed down the passengers side of the ST. The Hideaway unit was mounted under the passengers rear seat. This is the main control unit for the new system.

dvd3.jpg

This is another picture of all the wires and Fiber Optics Cables that were run to the back of the ST. Note the Factory wiring channel that the wires run in for a clean look.

dvd4.jpg

This is a picture of the New Kenwood KVT-910DVD Player before installation.

dvd5.jpg

This is the Hideaway unit that is mounted under the rear passengers seat. This is also the main control unit for this system.

dvd6.jpg

This is a picture of the Surround Sound Processor Kenwood KDS-P900. It is located in the rear passengers side storage compartment. I removed the black pocket off the door to make enough room for this unit.

dvd7.jpg

This is a small amp that powers the center channel speaker and subwoofer. I used one channel for the sub and one for the center channel speaker. The Center channel speaker is located behind the rear view mirror, while the sub is located in the Drivers side rear compartment.

dvd8.jpg

This a picture of the Kenwood KVT-910DVD Player installed in the dash of the ST.

dvd9.jpg

Now it is time for the Kids to watch a movie. Who is bringing the Popcorn and Cokes? For all the speakers I went with Polk Audio dx7's in each door and Polk Audio dx8-4 subwoofer.

dvd10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts