Key Program Procedure ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Sport Trac Enthusiasts,

I know that I have read in this forum before about the proper procedure to program

an extra ignition key. But I can not seem to find it now that I need the information.

I have a 2004 Sport Trac, I have two working key fobs & 2 working keys. I would like

to program a third key that I have allready had cut. Please someone help me if any

of you guys or gals may have the procedure. Thanks for reading my question posting.

JAB

I just did mine the other day .....I didn't really start the ST but turned them to the on potion w/ both program keys and put the third key in and there you go..you done. That easy !!

Actually, yuou are suposed to insert the first working key in the ignition and turn to the run position. Wait for the theft light to go out, remove key. Insert secong working key, leave in until the theft light goes out. Remove key, insert the new key. Wait for the theft light to go out, then from the run position, turn it to start to start the engine. Shut engine off. Remove key.

All programed.

Tom

Thank you so much, to every one that responded to my question.

I did the procedure with my extra key and it works perfectly now.

This site is great, keep up the great forums & projects.

JAB

Go to Ford.... You have no choice. That is why you get a spare. So you don't have to go to Ford when and if you lose one...

Latest posts