keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony stewart

Reaction score
Can you add keyless entry to your vehicle pretty easily or would it be a pain.Ihave an 07 limited with about every option but a few and was wondering if I could add keyless entry to it .:unsure:

Since you could add it to the 01-05 i don't see why not... It comes with a stick on key pad and programs like your key fob.... Not as good as the factory system though....

Todd Z

i put a full remote start/security system on my 07 the only pain in the ass part was programming a bypass for the chip in the key but i got-er-done and now it cranks everytime i hit the button. now i did have one issue with the locks. my APS996, i guess, had rest resistance on the lock wires. when the vehicle went to sleep after 30 mins and pulsed everything on the can bus network it would see the resistance and unlock the doors but only after 30 mins. i fixed the problem by isolating the lock wires with two relays one for lock and one for unlock. if you need wiring info let me know. i have the DEI tech sheet on the 07 in a PDF if you need it.

Last edited by a moderator: