Keypad code???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
Has anyone actually found the phantom factory keypad code sticker supposedly somewhere behind the glovebox? I have owned several Sport Tracs and have never managed to find it.

I need to find it on my '04.

Steve

20 seconds of searching on the internet:

On 2002 sport trac, pull the black plastic defroster plate off from the top of dash( it snaps in/out, be careful). With defroster plate out of the way, take a bright flashlite and shine through windshield (from outside the truck) into the area above passenger airbag location. You will see a white box with an arrow and word "forward". To the drivers side of arrow is 5 somewhat large numbers, this is your keycode. They were hard for me to read (bad angle),but with a little trial and error on the keypad, I found the right numbers. Do Not touch or try to remove airbag/airbag cover.

I have a 2001 Job One ST...the "behind the glove box" deal was a red herring for me. I took out the airbag, the whole deal, and the only sticker I found had nothing remotely like the keypad code.

I just waited until I had my ST in for service, and asked my service advisor if they'd get me the code, no charge. He said "no problem" and when I picked it up he handed me a card with the code.

I asked him where the code was, he said it was inside the driver's door and they had to pop the panel and read it off the sticker there.

2001 Job 1 (only), it is also on white plastic box, that has wires out the bottom and looks like a fuse box mounted inside of the the rear cab panel between the two storage doors closer to the jack side. Its hard to read upside down, the code number is in larger print. Might also be inside the door panel like John said, I never looked inside the door.

All other gen1 STs should have it behind the passenger side air bag. BE CAREFULL regarding procedures for airbag removal. The note included by R1ch999999 sounds eazier and safer.

The mystery is over!!! R199999999 was right. It took a bright and focused flashlight but I saw it. Removed the cover above the defroster, wedged upward the dash cover so I could see a little better...and there is was on a sticker to the right of the FORWARD label.

I will wonder no more.....

Steve

Latest posts