Khaos Fuel saving device

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derick Cardenas

Reaction score
This device here in Manila sells a lot.

http://www.khaos.ph/faqs.php

This is placed before the intake manifold. I think the principle is to put in additional air into the intake manifold. The additional air would come from the hydroback of the ST. A T -Line is inserted between the hose which goes inside the device. i dont knwo what is inside the device but i do know that there is an air cleaner element in it whcih cleans the additional air.

what do you guys think about this? i dont have it yet but people here in Manila Philippines (especially the shops that install them) there's savings on the ST 15% minimum. Costs Php5200 or about USD100.00:rolleyes:

How about you give it a whack and let us know if it works? I can only find positive things on the web about it. One user said he went from 7Km/Liter to 10Km/Liter, big whoop. The Philippino government "praise" seems to be neither a confirmation or denial, just more like a "yeah, it doesn't do anything bad, and I guess in theory it's plausible". A lot of that on it, even from Ford "it's not going to damage our engines, but they're computer controlled for AF mixture, but that does lag some". Sounds like the Philippines wants a SEMA award.

I don't imagine that this device can do a better job of regulating air flow at idle better than our IAC can :lol:

But that's what it claims it does, it works at idle to provide the ideal air/fuel ratio for optimal economy.

Not sure if it would be legal on a US Trac with emissions regs and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a controlled vaccum leak (not good) it will lean the motor and in time burn the valves. They had things like this back in the 50's and 60's they didnt work then eather. Save your money and get a can of 2 speed blinker fluid you will be good to go. Bill

An OBDII controlled engine runs in closed loop and maintains the proper A/F ratio. As said above, a controlled air leak isn't really necessary or wanted.