Ladder rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek dewey

Reaction score
does anyone know of a ladder rack system that is funtional with the 01 sport trac?...I may need to buy and pull a trailer if I can't find one, but I really would rather get a rack...thanks

What I have seen done is to get the extender that fits into the receiver hitch and turn it around so it sticks up instead of out. Beats buying a trailer.

Doug is talking about this setup.

[Broken External Image]:

Harbor Freight Bed Extender and Ford Cross Bars. I am hauling a 24' aluminum scaffolding plank.

Tom

Thanks...I am borrowing a trailer for the time being, but I think this would be much better...where can I find the ford cross bars? (cheap)

I bought a trailer. I continue to find uses for it-- not sure how I made it the previous 47 years without one.

Spoken like a prophet. I have a 16" one. I swear there is some sort of signal out there that no matter what I do, I need to use my trailer to do it.

Tom

You might be able to make something work with "daytimer" ladder racks for a pickup. They slide into the stake holes, my neighbor has them. Need to figure out a way to screw them in to the threaded holes for the tonneau cover (you can see I've thought about this). When I looked at them for my Ranger they cost about $300 though. I either hang it out the back over the extender or on my new Trac tie it to the roof rack since it came with crossbars but my ladder is not as long as Caymen's.

Tom:

I keep thinking I'll take it up to the farm for longer-term storage, but I have been using it nearly every weekend for something that comes up! Hauling construction materials, taking the garden tractor to the carwash for a bath, moving a buddy, hauling tree limbs from a windstorm, etc.

I got a 66" x 12' Doolittle Utility Trailer brand new. Love it to death!

Latest posts