largest tires for the stock rims?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Sayre

Reaction score
The stock tires are 225x70xr16 which equates to about a 29 inch tall tire about 7.5 inches wide. What's the largest/widest tire I can fit without rubbing? I don't mind a little trimming of stuff. I used to have a ranger with a 6 inch lift and 325x60r15 bfg's on them. Awesome combination. Won't be able to go that wide in all probability (about 12.8 inches wide) but what are people running? Could I get 33 or 35" tires to fit? If I did the torsion twist to get 2 inches out of the front, some minor fender trimming, and shackles in the back, what could I run? Thanks!

--Bob

I've got 225's just checked. Also, I went with the 4.10 gears just for this reason. Wanted to make sure I got the gears to handle the tires. Planning the 2 inch torsion twist and the shackles in back. Willing to do minor trimming too. Then I'll do the tires and an alignment with the tires. It looks like 285 x 75's are about 32.8 tall and 11 wide. Not bad.

With the ranger (see my pics) I put the 4 inch lift on it, and then was able to test fit the tire/rim combo at a 4wd place at purchase time to make sure they fit. Anybody know of a place around Chicago that would do that?

--Bob

I had the 265's on with no lift at all and no trimming. I have since done the 3" PA body lift and went up to 285/75/r16's on 16 x 8 rims. No trimming no rubbing.

Latest posts