largest tires that fit on stock 05 sport trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh ryan 2

Reaction score
I just bought my sport trac yesterday and i love it, i am wondering tho does anyone kno the largest size tires that will fit on the truck without a suspension lift. i wanna give it that mean wide stance so i thought tires could do that. any help i would appreciate.. thanksjavascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':smack:')

See FAQ "Wheels and Tires"

Linked for the lazy....

Todd Z

Here is a pic of an '02 2wd w/o lift with 265's on it

[Broken External Image]:

more in my Lib...

Last edited by a moderator:
From the FAQ:

Category

Wheels and Tires

Frequently Asked Question

What are the biggest tires that fit on a gen 1 Sport Trac without a lift?

Answer

265/70-16 - Possible chance of slight rub lock to lock. The 265's are 30.5" tall, and that dimension can vary from tire to tire, mfg to mfg. Some members report running 275/70/16 with minor rubbing as well. Do a site search and you will find more on this topic.

Last Updated

11/19/2007

I agree with the 265/70's because I just put 265/75's on mine and i have some rubbing in the front on a hard turn and a slight rub on the passenger rear still trying to figure out why that side has an extra bulge that the driver side doesn't.

It depends on the specific tire whether a 265/75 will rub or not or where. They aren't all exactly the same dimensions. My 265/75s only rubbed a little on the driver side sway bar, only noticeable by seeing a "clean" spot it; I never heard or felt it while driving.

I'm wondering as well about tires for an '04. I'm assuming that an aggressive 265/75 is going to rub? Are guys using LT tires on the ST? I haven't seen any LT tires in the stock 255 sizing and would like to go bigger rather than smaller, but it seems that 265/70 tires aren't as common in an aggressive tread pattern either?