LaRue --- New Keys

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I still have questions about new keys. I have only ONE key. Can I get new keys from LaRue if I supply him with my Key Code. Once he cuts the keys, what do I have to do to get the programmed? The dealer said I would have to purchase 2 keys since I only have one and it would cost $25 per key and $80 to have them programmed for a total of $130. Can someone explain more detail.

Anyone can cut a key, but you need two programmed keys in your possession to program a third spare once it has been cut. Otherwise, you already have the answer from the dealer. I'm afraid from what I've read, if you only have one programmed key, that is the only option.

*SEARCH* for more detail....the info is already here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, You have to go to the dealer, that is your only option since you only have 1 key...

IT sucks, but it is true..

LARUE, you have Email from me also....

Todd Z

Got it Todd...

Dewayne: You do NOT have to buy 2 more keys. The dealer or a locksmith can program your truck. You have 1 key, buy another and when they program the ST, they re-program the one you have then add the second key. Find out how much the dealer wants for a key and get back to me. If you get me your keycode, I will sell you a key (or2) AND cut it for you. Then you will only have to pay to program the keys. See my other post for pricing..