last visit to the House that Ruth built

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
as much as i HATE the yankees, the family went to yankee stadium today. my son is a yankee fan and i thought it would be great to visit this historic stadium for last time.

derek jeter tied lou gehrig for the most hits at yankee stadium today (1,269)

i must admit it was a great experience ( even though i wanted my second favorite team, tampa bay rays to win ). sitting there you have to realize all the great history of this stadium.

oh well, as with shea stadium, yankee stadium will just be a memory after this season.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

how did this get there!!

[Broken External Image]:

You did what I wanted to do so bad but flights ($$) from Atlanta and timing made it impossible. Checked all year but it just did not pan out.

Wanted to take my 9 year old. 3 year old and one year old would not have gotten much out of it, although the 3 year old is connected to the Yankees by way of his middle name - Mattingly.

Glad you enjoyed it. I will be shooting for next year at the new stadium.

Interesting culture that we have. We tear down historic places to make parking lots. Had the Romans done the same, the World would be a boring place. If our US culture disappeared, it is likely the only evidence of it a few hundred years from now would be our trash.

If our US culture disappeared, it is likely the only evidence of it a few hundred years from now would be our trash.

Interesting you should mention this. I recently read an article where some group of historians and futurists had gotten together and discussed what people thousands of years from now might view as the primary contributions of the first quarter millenium of American culture. (I wish I could remember specifically who it was, so I could find a reference link.) Their conclusions of the top three: Our democratic/republic mode of government, jazz music, and baseball. Also near the top--Broadway-style musical theater, advances in aerospace, bluegrass/country music, and rock-and-roll. (The article I read said that rock-and-roll would have been higher, but many didn't view it as being sufficiently American-only in origin to be on the list.)

If our US culture disappeared, it is likely the only evidence of it a few hundred years from now would be our trash.

Funny that you mention this, Nelson. That was pretty much the premise of the latest Disney/Pixar movie "Wall-E".

Latest posts