Leaking battery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exide's around here are not that great. Don't know if yours is bad, but after getting stung twice, I will never buy another one again. Johnson Controls batteries are much higher quality in my opinion. My favorite is Duralast from AutoZone.

See the link below for info on other Johnson Controls batteries:

Pricey, but consider specs, warranty, fitment, ease of exchange, etc.

Looks like it belongs under the ST hood. Ask Todd Z what he owns.

Warning- May contribute to your "Ranger Lean". 60 pounds, whew!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, at $220 I will stick with my AZ gold @ $90.

My AZ golds have always lasted over 5yrs. The one in my 'stang lasted over 8yrs.

The only one I have ever exchanged. Is the one in my trac. Just before the 3yr replacement the + post was seeping. Walked it in they looked me up on the computer. Handed me a new one.

When I used to have sears batteries. It was always a hastle. A long wait time. Stupid sales people. There were several times they installed the wrong battery.

One time(on warranty) they installed one in a '93 dodge and threw the insulated heat sheild away. I went back for it. It didnt fit the battery. I told them to get the right battery. They said, no our book says this is a replacment. When we dont have the right one.

I got angry, told the manager the insulated heat sheild was there for a reason. I wanted him to order the correct size battery. He said, no and get out of the store.

When I calculated the warranty $$ spent. I could have got the right battery for the same $$ elsewhere.

I complained to sears corporate. Was told the auto dept followed policy, sorry. So I have never been back to sears for anything(20yrs and counting). At least the battery lasted 2yrs when I sold the car.

Hear ya Eddie, not a fan of Sears myself. Some experts say that Sears/K-Mart are doomed.

I paid $170 for the DieHard P-2. Wish Hawaii had AutoZone stores, closest one is 2500 miles!

Latest posts