Leather Steering Wheel Cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn ayers

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever had to re-install their Leather Steering Wheel Cover?

I had my Sport Trac into the Dealer today to have some service done and when I picked it up the Leather on the Steering Wheel had a rip in it. Now, when I showed it to the Service Manager, he ordered me one and said that they would replace it when it came in.

Now for my question, how hard is to put these on and can the Dealer install it as well as the one from the Factory?

Thanks,

it takes too long to replace the cover. I'm sure the dealer will replace the wheel. That only takes about 15 minutes.

There is a TSB on the leather wrpeed wheels in our Tracs. If you are under coverage it will be replaced for free. Out of coverage it will be on your dime...

Mine was covered once under warranty... that was only 2,000 miles ago so I don't know if this one will hold up any better. But yeah, they replaced my whole wheel (not just the leather)....

Well, I hope they replace my whole wheel also, but at this point I am not so sure. I am really upset about the way dealers treat your vehicle. I baby my trac and when I see cuts in the leather wheel cover that really makes me mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had mine replace 3 times under warranty. Cruz, if you're still under warranty tell them BS on the normal W&T and make them replace it. Refer them to the TSB if needed.

I have a question as to how long the steering wheel cover is covered under warranty and/or TSB? Mine is worked and shows horrible wear, however I have an 01 and have 45K miles... so I am pretty sure I am outta luck with Ford helping me on it... anyone know how much it is to have done... or how difficult an aftermarket cover is to install? Thanks.

being a few years old with that many miles, they may try to pawn it off as wear and tear... they tried that with my 04 at 32,000 miles... but I bit back and they replaced it...