Led headlights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Hey Y’all , anybody have any experience with putting LED bulbs in their ST. I have a 2007 and swapped the bulbs, with what I was told were the right ones for the truck. I have a light on the dash now, for both right and left sides. They both seem to work. The bulbs are H-13 2008 and the connectors are the right ones.

Need load resistors as well. The lower resistance in the led drivers makes the body control module think there is a bulb out(a failed bulb has no resistance). You’ll need one for each bulb(or more if you swap tail lights out for leds also). They go by different names as well, can bus chip/module, anti can bus module, or some collection of words that make it seem moar smarter. 🤦🏼‍♂️ End of the day, it’s a resistor, and you’ll need them to get rid of the faults.

I had the same issue with my '09. First had just the bulbs which errored every time, then I installed resistors which helped reduce the dash errors but they were still relatively frequent.
After digging around (probably on here somewhere) I bought these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KXTP9SY
Not only are the high/low patterns much better but the dash errors were reduced to once every 3 or 4 months.

Note: I also ditched the resistors I had installed with the first set of LEDs when I installed these

Last edited:
Installed resistors in mine, No more problem.... Photos are on the FB forum.

Todd, what is the FB forum groups name? I need the resisters also.

Here ya go.

Attachments

• IMG_5523.png
    IMG_5523.png
    781 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5524.png
    IMG_5524.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5525.png
    IMG_5525.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5526.png