Left lights on, killed battery, got the battery charger that you plug into cig lighter. radio no wrk

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
I have an after market head unit and i left my lights on in the truck. after boosting it with the booster that you plug into the cig lighter for 30min. NOW when i try to tune to the radia station. it will not go. there is nothing. it doesn't show it seeking for channels. then after awhile say 10min, i can get the channels that are in memory but if i set it to present 1, 2, 3, etc. it willnot stay? its hard to explain but i hope i did my best. this all started after i drained the battery. could it be the truck or the head unit? how to i restart the head unit if you can? head unit that i have is a alpine alpine IVA D300. actually the jumper cables i usedwas the one that you plug into the cig light. leave it for 30 min and then start the truck.

thx in advanced

patrick pierobon

Last edited by a moderator:
the battery is charged and it will start the trac. the gage its right in the middle that indicates the battery too.

i think i will read the manual and see what i can do. if it doesn't work i will post back.

Radios will lose their channel memory if the batter goes dead, but since you have an Alpine unit I don't know if it resets differently than the factory radio. Just try to reset the presets again I guess.

Like they said, check the manual. Usually there's some reset procedure like turning it off, holding a button or combination of buttons while you turn it back on. You may also want to try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes, thereby removing all power from the radio, then reconnecting and trying it. Just be warned that this will also reset the trac's computer, so it will need to "re-learn" settings for how you drive.