left rear taillight wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what wires are what, it has ground, minor, major. I'm hooking up the brake lights on my sport bar and need to know what color wire is for the brake light- orange/green or brown? I don't have my book with me, any help would be great.

Sorry to hi-jack but being that you have an answer, can anyone tell me if there would be enough power for me to jump off my running light (brown as I just found out) to power my trailer plug. I have a sort and that the only part of it that doesn't work and I have been debating for a while. Thanks!!! - - Also so you know there are a set of loose wires underneath the bed that have a tag on them saying "CHISLE" or something, that is basically a a factory feed for a cap break/running light that you can jump off of effortlessly (Ashame mine is also busted up)

CHRIS

Yes brown is the running light wire for marker/taillights you can use that to run lights off of. I ahd to ask for the help because I wasn't at home and I didn't have my factory manual with me, one of the best investments I've maid for the ST(repair manual) from eBay.

Also so you know there are a set of loose wires underneath the bed that have a tag on them saying "CHISLE" or something, that is basically a a factory feed for a cap break/running light

I haven't seen that, I'll take a look. Good to know. BTW, it probably says CHMSL which is the common abbreviation for Center High Mounted Stop Light.

If you use the CHMSL wires be advised if you have gorilla hands you might need someone to help. Just hooked my cap up 10 min ago and almost got my hands stuck up there. Very tight fit and my wire tails were only about 4" long too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote up a project on wiring up my new to me camper shell, but it hasn't ever been posted.

Email me for a copy of the PDF and I'll send it to you this afternoon as I'm headed out of the office for about 4 hours.

Larry,

Please forward that to the projects link in the Email us on the left side........

I know I never saw it for approval, So It was probably lost in the site changes that were made with the servers...

Thank you

Todd Z

Latest posts