Left turn signal II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Esmaya

Reaction score

Thanks a lot to those who responded to my thread about my left turn signal. It's in the tilt wheel..

I have to ask one more favor if any body could show me a pictorial diagram where to find the plug or the molex connector. Any body did a project of this? Once more I appreciate the help from you guys. It is really a very informative site & the people are very helpful.

Once again I thank you all..

Dan :)

I just replaced this a little while back. Cost about 8 bucks at the local ford parts counter. Just use an ice pick to depress the little clip that holds the wire in and it will slide out, place the wire into the new connector and it will click into place. The picture I have is of the portion of the headlamp connector(high and low beam selector), but the part with the turn signals is visible above it. I had one of those wires break inside of the insulation (wire looked fine on the outside, but the copper was broke inside...that is why you see the butt connector on there) Make sure you pull a bit of slack into the wires when you are all done and zip tie them in place to keep them from doing it again. After I fixed the turn signal problem, about a year later I started having a problem with the headlamps (would not come on when I turned them on until I cycled the high/low beams) A wire had pulled out of that clip too (that connector is about 50 bucks I think) and comes with a pigtail of wires on it. I disassembled the connectore and used my existing wires since that had enough slack in them now instead of cutting them and soldering....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

A1 cntrler,

thanks for the pics, but what is the color of the wires for the turn signals, is that the blue wire with the crimp connector or the red & yellow with a butt connector. sorry for asking too much questions .

Danny :D

The blue wire you see is one that I had to add on the lengthen the wire that was broken in the insulation. That wire was brown/yellow I believe.

Latest posts