Legal/forms disclaimer HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven W

Reaction score
Does anyone have a form or disclaimer/contract set up that i may be able to use. I am possibly going to do a lift on someone's truck and I wanted to make sure i have him sign a disclaimer so that I am not liable for anything. Anything will work, i just need a start, i can edit it once I get something to go off of. thanks

Will that work ??? LOL.....

Just type up or search the web for a "hold harmless" form..

That should do the trick..

Todd Z

Although I would follow through with the form, I seriously doubt you will remove yourself from liability.

Very simply, if you do something and it is clearly your fault and a safety issue arises I have to think you will be liable.

Thinks Todd, that should do the trick. And Joe, I know, no matter how hard ya try your always liable, im just trying to cut out as much as possible.

I understand and like I said, I would also have him sign it. At least he will realize that some sort of risk comes in the lifting of his truck.

Good luck to you...

I have one I use for work...email me.

edited: If there is neglect, you may still be liable. A disclaimer simply informs the acknowledger that you are making him aware of a problem that you KNOW exists, in writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam,

We know they are not iron. But we know it doesn't hurt to inform a client, in writing, that a problem exists.

haha, actually, I'm not a teacher anymore (I write text books now for a well-known publisher), but I believe the statement would be "she's a teacher, teachers are too poor to sue" :lol:

Regardless, Josh's work has held up the test, but even if it hadn't, I wouldn't sue. I was well aware of what he was doing (heck, I helped) and also the possible implications.

I truly believe petty lawsuits are a large portion of what is wrong with society today. Common sense should kick in. If you ask someone, either a friend or aquaintance (someone who's professional job is not what you ask) to do something, then YOU assume the responsibility that the something is done to your standards. Paying for a certified, professional service is another story.

Latest posts