Lets talk rims cause I need help! :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys.... I went into the local rim and tire shop looking for a nice set of rims for my 2004 Gen1 4x4.

I am not a flashy guy so I want something that is black with alittle chrome... which I think will make the Trac look really sweet!

Had my eye on this rim in an 18:

[Broken External Image]:

Eagle 197 in a 18inch

But found out that it will stick out about 3/4 of an inch and the guy won't sell me that rim for my truck.

So moving on we found the following rim which won't stick out:

[Broken External Image]:

AX185 in a 18inch.

Now he wants to put a 255/70/18 on the rim. I am really concerned about adding the bigger rim and this tire and it will have rubbing....

So first I ask the first rim and it sticking out.... Its a good thing I don't buy it right? Cause I really like that rim...

Secondly will the back up option of the AX185 Rub?

What do you guys think of the rims?? Feedback please and thanks... Its so hard buying rims when you can't see them on your Trac....

Whit

Check TireRack.com to view different rims on your blue Trac. (View On Vehicle)

May not be the identical wheel model, but may give you some idea. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the site below and plug in your current wheels and then the wheels you are considering. This will show you the exact changes in width, height, and the speedometer change.

Black wheels are awesome!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

as to your questions, i'm not sure about the rubbing, but mostly depends on the backspacing offset of the wheel

I'm in the same boat. looking for rims and dont want something flashy but i dont want solid black either

pro comp 7031

0ea41030f28822670851b1f851f5f4f2._.jpg