Lifts on STs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Stockwell

Reaction score
I have an 02 ST and was thinking about lifting it in the near future. Currently, a suspension lift seems to be a bit out of my range which leaves the body lift. My question is with those who have body lifts, how bad is the sway when driving? When I was shopping for my jeep I test drove a wrangler with a 3" body lift and the sway was enough to not make me feel safe around turns and such, so I bought one without a lift and put a 4" suspension lift on it which it felt more secure. Thanks in advance

If you go taller, go wider. I have around 8" on my 2wd but I also have 14.5" wide tires with 10" rims with 2" spacers on the rear (front already widened by the new spindles etc.) Mine feels solid even in cornering.[Broken External Image]:

Just a 3" BL. New shocks and wider tires make it feel more firm to me than it did at stock...

[Broken External Image]:

-Heather in OC

I have a body lift, TT/SL and 33x12.5s and I really dont thing the sway is bad at all. Yes the truck has a higher center of gravity and you have to slow down on turns a little bit more, but I have not noticed that much difference between what I have now and stock. I you are concerned about sway get a Sway Bar.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]: