light bar.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Sove

Reaction score
well, today i started making the light bar for the top of my ST. instead of using yakima bars, or factory plastic crossbars, im making my own out of steel. very suttle, very simple, but it will use the front roofrail mounting holes, and the roofrails will still be able to go on, the plate simply slips under the siderail mount. the plastic "gasket" that protects the paint will still be used as well. should turn out ok, ive got all the material cut and the plates made. tomorrow i'll test fit the plates and tack it all together. I should have pics up sometime early this week. if im happy with it and others are interested, i plan on making more of them.

You should try to get some small rectangle lights like mine shown below if you are looking for subtle. My lights came from walmart and were 25 for a set of two, cant beat that price.

[Broken External Image]:

waitin on the wife to get bakc in town shes got my digital camera. didnt get anythign done today, late day at work. will probably have the whole thing finished up this weekend though.. all but the lights. once i get it all welded up im gonna take it to my old work (welding/machine shop) and have them layout the holes and drill out the square tube for light mounting. i WILL keep you updated.

Latest posts