Light Locks??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Ellis

Reaction score
Anybody know where to find any type of lock to keep driving lights from being stolen off your brushguard or rack? I have checked a few site but have not found anything. If not,does anyone know any way to lock em down?

You can drill a hole in the stud, and put a cotter pin in there, you can mangle the threads so the nut cant be taken off easily, or just have it braised or tack welded on...

Todd Z

If you want to go with a manufactured product, I think some of the light companies have locks. ie hella, piaa, kc etc etc

i would agree with chrisV, Loctite, or super glue ( gel type)

all you should need to get them off then is a plumbing torch to break the glue.

you could even put two nuts on each post with a lock washer in between just o make it more difficult.

There are a number of hardware manufacturers that carry an assortment of security bolts and machince screws that require special wrenches or keys to loosen or remove the bolt/screw. These kind of bolts/screws are commonly used in public area of commercial buildings to prevent someone from removing signs, plaques, and other items that would otherwise be stolen.

...Rich

Latest posts