Light scratches

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have some what I would concider light scratches in the paint of my 04 Trac. A couple of the scratches look like the could have been caused by a neighborhood cat. I have no knowledge of bodywork type of repairs. I do have the touchup paint for my vehicle. Can someone suggest a simple easy way to remove these scratches. I remember years ago I tried rubbing compond on my Firebird. It seemed to dull the paint in the surrounding area. Dont know maybe I applied that wrong. The scratches are light enough that when I clean and wax the car they are very hard to see. Unfortunitly after a few days of the sun they reappear. Please keep it simple as I am truly a novice here. Thanks:unsure:

if the scratches as light/fine, try Mother's scratch polish remover (sold at any local autoparts store) or Turtle Wax Color Match with scratch remover. THey are pretty simple to use, they apply and remove as normal every day wax. I've tried both on my ST and for fine scratches they've worked great. They don't dull the paint as rubbing compond does, if you use the Trurle Wax, just do the whole truck to give it a clean just waxed look.

yup forgot about the Meguiar's scratch X, it does work great as well. I've used it when I had my Stang and as Tyler noted it gets the swirl marks out. It's the same as the Mother's and a bit less expensive.