Lincoln Aviator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woppy V

Reaction score
Maybe I am doing this wrong but my father's Aviator has the same alarm when you don't wear your seat belt as my ST. I used his manual to disengage the device but damned if it still is doing it.... It might just be defective but I figured I'd ask if anyone had a trick or two up their sleeve.

TY

Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY. From what I remember with mine, the doors have to be closed and it all has to be done within a specific time. Try it again, and read the instructions a couple of times to make sure you can do it w/o interruption. I doubt it's defective.

I had to try about 3 times before it finally accepted the "programming" on my 07 ST when I turned off the belt reminder. You do have to follow the directions to the letter, suggest you read them several times before attempting, but it does work.

You want to disable the alarm that warns you when you'd not wearing your seat belt?!! :blink: Perhaps what you need to do is reconfigure it so that instead when you choose to drive w/o your seatbelt it says in a digitzed voice - "Warning!! Your seatbelt is not engaged!! Death or dismemberment may be imminent!!

Working for a police agency as an information officer I almost everyday write news releases about people "ejected from the vehicle" who are now dead. Had they worn their seat belt they might have lived.

You can modify the alarm so it doesn't alert you, but I'd suggest you modify your thinking instead. When the belt is fastened, the alarm goes off. Problem solved, no? :D

I wish I could mod the seatbelt reminder on my wifes car. I would let it give her one warning. Next it would shut the car down until she buckles up. I call her somtimes and she will be driving with the reminder dinging away. That would drive me crazy. Drives me crazy that she wont buckle up...:wacko:

Fast Ed,

Maybe you could use a relay in series with the ignition, normally open terminal, to close when power is applied, via the driver's seat belt buckle switch. ????? Better yet to the starter relay so she won't drain the battery trying to start her car. Unbuckled, no power to the starter relay.