line of fire w/reverse lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray McIntireJr

Reaction score
How much light do the reverse lights put out? Is it noticable at night, does it make a big difference in visability when backing at night?

From what I read. It is noticeable by someone behind you. I wouldn't think it puts too much more light out combined with the standard tailights together. Anything will help. If you want a lot of visibility. I would install fog lights under the bumber. Some members here have done that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking for additional light, install a set of "Whte Nights". They mount in your hitch. There are two styles, in the hitch or around the hitch (my style). The around the hitch, makes your hitch still usable. What is nice about these, is that they also have a toggle switch so you can just turn them on if you need additional light for something.

Chris

[Broken External Image]:

Chris,

The lights you have around the hitch. Are they hard wired in or can they be plugged into the hitch plug ? Also are they easily taken on and off or are the fastened to the hitch somehow ? I see you have a lighted plug. I have a chrome bar that goes into the hitch which would block the lights, but if I can put the lights easily on and off the hitch I would use them with my boat. I saw these in JC Whitney.

Alternatively I can add lights beneath the bumper as I did with my expedition, but that costs a lot more.

MIne are hard wired in - hot wire for the toggle switch, ground wire, and wire to splice into your backup light wire. It are pretty much a permanent installation. It mounts around your hitch tube with a U bolt and then has a cover plate that snaps over it.

The installation instructions say that if you have a 7 pin trailer wire that you can use that to make it a little more convenient but you still have the U bolt issue.

Chris

I'll probably do like I did before. Put 2 fog lights under the bumper then, closer to the ends and run a switch into the cab.

Thanks though. They look good.

The white fades pretty good past an arms length. I personally don't see it guiding me at night backwards. The red is def "in your Face" so to speak at night. It could possibly help prevent a rear end collision.

I need to do something for reverse lights, just the stock ones are bad, cant see anything with them. I was leaning towards the line of fire but sounds like that will not be a good solution. ChrisP where did you get yours, did they come with all you need, and what was the price.

Oh yeah I guess I would have to get a hitch first but I need to do thay anyway.