Line x on gray cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience or knowledge of how line x would look, or if it could be used, on the gray body cladding. I am thinking about having it done, and wanted some opinions on the subject.

Thanks.

From what I remember it cant be done beceause the line x will not stick to plastic.

Todd Z

Thats why the beds of the ST can not be line x, or rhino lined, or any thing like that...

Todd Z

What about that do-it-yourself bedliner paint?

(from the link below)

Other Uses | Back To Top

Although spray-on bedliners are primarily marketed for pickup beds, they also stick to other painted or primed metals, concrete, wood, rubber, most plastics and fiberglass. Surface preparation varies depending on the material, but this polyurethane coating can protect everything from trailers to boat decks to walkways.

Mike Poole has Line-X sprayed on his cladding.

Check out more pictures in his library....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Colors? Yes.

When you want more than a black bed liner,

get a LINE-X bed liner in ANY COLOR YOU WANT...

we can even color match!

LINE-X is the only bed liner company with UV-X colors. UV-X offers superior color retention because the color and UV protection is built into the formula. To address the issue of the color fading or worse yet, changing over time, other bed liners require a spray-on top dressing, which can rub off, or wear off, leaving the color susceptible to UV fading and color change. Others will spray on a neutral base color and a thin "paint-like" layer of color. This is also unacceptable due to the fact that the top thin layer will not handle wear. Though this paint topping resists color fade and change, it defeats the purpose of truck bed protection.

Nope, but come tomorrow I'll hopefully have a quote for a local shop to paint, rhino, or linex the cladding in white.

Latest posts