LineX Bed ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
Ok so i have been thiinking about haveing all of the plastic cladding sprayed with LineX or Rihno lining, but am not sure what it will turn out like . also what about it peeling off? same thing goes for the bed and has anyone had thiers sprayed? any help will be great.;)

I dont know about adhesion to the cladding but I have seen chevy's silverado ducks unlimited editon truck with it and looks good. I would be worried about ease of cleaning after mud bogging though.

i saw on truckstv on spike. linex is used by the government and has some walls of the pentagon sprayed.

they dropped a cinderblock from 20 feet with the spray. it shattered

dropped a cinderblock with the coating from 20 ft. just bounced off the ground.

i would get it but finding a dealer and its a lease.

I think the consensus around here is that it won't stick to the bed. I'm not sure about the cladding, though. I don't think anyone here has had it done.

I have a lineX dealer willing to do it but, there r those concerns, he is wanting to take it off and spray all of the cladding front and back(says it will hold better) and he is only going to charge me 300 to do the whole thing. that is with the uv coating so that it shouldnt fade. any one find anything eles out plz let me know.. thanks everyone:)

I checked with our local Rhino-Liner guy back about 5 years ago and he said that it was not recommened for use on plastic. Since then several folks have had their cladding and beds sprayed with both Line-X and Rhino products.

It appears that Line-X is a better product. They can use different spraying techniques to obtain different textures, it dries immediately, and is vertually indestructable. As previously stated, it is used to spray walls and ceilings to prevent flying fragments in the event of an explosion.

...Rich

Latest posts