Little info, TPS mod, Throttle body mods, intakes.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well while working on getting the modded throttle body's for sale soon, I have received some cores to get started with. They carry different engineering numbers from ford, as well as a different part number.

The reason for this, IS in the middle of 03 ford changed the throttle position sensor to have a steel sleeve around the bolts, Know why, Make it harder to do the TPS MOD!!!!...

The throttle body comes fully assembled from ford with the TPS on it, and that Carry's a different number... LOL...

This is why most places say the intakes will fit only to 03 or 04 and not 04 and o5. NOTHING is different on the throttle body it self, Just the TPS sensor...HAHAHAHHA

I wounder if they watch the sites and saw that people where doing the tps mod ... HMMM..

I hope to have the throttle body's for sale in 2 weeks or so. I will keep everyone posted..

Figured I would pass this along....

Todd Z

Ben, knock on wood, I cant say enough, Running great !!!

Todd Z

Eldon, Job 2 correct???

I might have missed it before, but what price are we talking?

I am getting married this fall and I have a Honeymoon to plan, so money will be a little tight. Also, this summer, we have a deck to build, concrete to pour, and a car to build.

I guess money willl be really tight. LOL

Tom

Put me in for one Todd...

What kind of price are we looking at?

Ever Consider doing exchanges for peoples throttle body's and modding used ones?

Dunno if ithats an idea or not.

Anyway, how much!? :)

What I am doing is getting used ones all off 03 and newer St's..Some 01 and 02 too. I will have them modded and ready for sale, I will require your old one back as a core, or you can pay a core charge...

I think just around 100 - 120 or so.... Thats not too bad, I am not making much money when all is said and done....

Todd Z

How are you modding the TB?

I am just kind curious about the specifics of the modded TB..........

Oh I have a job1. Still eligible?

Andy,

Although I am speaking for Todd he and I have spoke of these fairly often. He will be able to help you as well. Due to the interchange I am sure he will stock only 1 or maybe 2 at the most Job 1's at a time though...

When he gets your core he will mod your Job 1 and save it for the next guy...

Andy, Here is before and after pic.

I will see if I can get my hands on an 01 job 1 core and let you know..

What the machine shop is doing is cutting the shaft diameter inside to below half, different screws, making it flow more air.. Almost 20 cfm ... and I got 1 psi less in the intake at WOT, that is a good increase... I feel a difference in the way it runs too, Got to be good for a couple of hp...

Todd Z

BEFORE

[Broken External Image]:

AFTER

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts