Little League World Series

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
I just watched the Little League World Series. California had a neanderthal 6'2", 220 lb kid on their team with an overabundance of growth hormone and testosterone. IMHO, he had no business being on that team. Christ... When the sun silhouetted his face you could see his 5 o'clock shadow. When he raised his arms you could see his hairy pits. His mother had to bring his birth certificate to prove his age.

He definitely gave the California team an unwarranted advantage over their Taiwanese competitors.

i hear what you are saying but can you really deny a 12 year old from playing baseball? not his fault for his condition so how can you penalize him?

If the kid is on steroids, and the concern is potentially legit, then I would tend to agree. Though I do not know the rules at the Little League level, I have to think that drugs are not permitted.

If the kid is just a monster and not on drugs, then he deserves the chance to play just like any other legal and legit 12 year old.

Game on.... LOL

Glad to see California win, that makes the US with five straight i think.

So the kid is big for his age, at least he produced a birth certificate.

My son played on a team last year in a couple of tournaments, that had a kid that was bigger than the kid from the California team. He was huge, but now he has slowed down growing and other kids are catching up to him, they now come up to his chin, instead of his chest.

My son is 5 10 and weighs 155 and he just turned 13 on March 27th. There are more hormones and stuff in the food we eat these days compared to previous generations.

I don't think these kids are on juice. Look at that kid and his brother from Saudi Arabia, he is 6 9 and his brother is 6 4 or so.

Great game, I'd rather watch the little league WS that Pro any day.

I take it you're a proponent of those "everybody wins!" T-ball and soccer leagues?

:rolleyes:

Some people have natural skills, talents, advantages, etc. that are better than others. That's Little League. That's Major League. That's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are on our honeymoon in San Diego area and everything on the TV is about the LL'ers. We watched the American championship from the pool. I felt sorry for the TX kids who got smoked, but that is life. I was hoping the Warner Robins, GA would make it. They were crushing teams on their way through to the semi's. They got eliminated by the CA team in what I understand was quite a game.

It also doesn't hurt that these kids have some of the most pure baseball swings I have ever seen. That homerun the monster pitcher hit Saturday was beautiful.

At this point in time...USA, USA, USA!!!

I agree, you can't pentalize the kid because he is larger than the average 12 year old kid?

I coached Bantam leage (11-13 yrs) and Junior leage (13-15 yrs) football for a number of years while stationed in Germany. We played twice against a team that had a 14 year old who was 6'6" tall and well over 200 lbs.

In this case we were fortunate because as big as the kid was, he was not very coordinated and simply played as a lineman and was not very fast. We ran an unbalanced line and simply double teamed him. In the second game he got so mad that he was double teamed that he started punching my players and got ejected early in the first quarter and he was a non-issue when we beat them 36-6.

...Rich

That's one thing I DON'T like about the youth football leagues in our area, and I suspect in much of the country. If you're over a certain size, they put a sticker on your helmet, and you're prohibited from carrying the ball unless you recover a fumble or make an interception.

It's not these kids' faults they're as large as they are--why bar them from even trying the position?

At least at some point as the kids age, they wise up and drop the rule. (I'm not sure when it happens, but I know it's not in use at the high school varsity level.)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's FIVE straight years for the United States, including TWO different teams from Oahu, HAWAII! Still our national pastime, at least for our future stars in Little League Baseball. Soccer is for little girls. Oops! ;)

i have a 3rd cousin that at 12 (basically 13) as he was 1 month shy of his 13 birthday was 6' tall and weighed about 180 ponds, on the flip side he only ended up being 6'3" and 220 by age 21.

the human body is a wonderous thing.....