Livewire vs XCal2

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
What are the differences will the livewire even work in the ST?

Would it be worth the extra $160 bucks?

blah blah.. discuss :)

I was thinking xcal was my next major purchase so just trying to figure out if something better is out there.

NAW, the ST is not a 500+ hp vehicle... I would only get the Xcal2......

I have not needed any thing other than that...

Todd Z

Talk to Doug at BamaChips. He said SCT is currently having a lot of problems with the Livewire units right now and has had to take many back in exchange for XCal 2 units.

Well in either case it won't be for a few months so if there is some benifit to the livewire I would hope they have the bugs worked out by then.

The read out on the livewire is the only thing that seems worthwhile, but I don't really have any use for any of it since I don't know what it means :) Its just a cool gadget.

The Livewire will have a full color screen in a few months... Just something to ponder.

Add the cost of a shift light, dual pillar gauge pod, and 2 gauges. If those are things you would buy anyway, subtract it from the cost of the livewire. It does it.

Have another Ford in your driveway? We should be able to get you a tune for it and your Sport trac. It's not unlimited. Its something you can play with for a day in the other Ford before putting it into your sport trac.

The more we play with this thing, the better it gets. There were problems on its release. We waited until we had good tests before putting them on the market. It was a slow way to do it, but we managed to aviod the returns, etc. One of the problems off the top of my head is it wouldn't take e-mail tunes. Not good. Problems solved though.