Local help for a tranny issue?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt NA

Reaction score
Hi All,

I experienced the imfamous 2-3 flare this morning on my '01 ST Job 2. It occured when the truck was cold. I haven't been able to replicate it consistently (the flare) and the O/D light is not flashing.

My question is this: Would anyone be able to recommend a transmission shop or dealer that you've worked with that is very knowledgeable in the tranny slipping problem? I live in Antioch, CA. I was hoping to find a dealer or transmission shop either in the Sacramento or SF Bay Area that is really knowledgeable in the tranny issue to take a look at the truck if the problem continues. I can't replicate the problem consistently now but, I just want to be ready in case I have a problem soon. Thanks in advance!

If you feel like going to south San Jose, there is Bob's Almaden Transmission (friend of mine). He has done excellent work on my previous rides, and would recommend 'ol Bob. Look in Yahoo yellow pages . . .

Check in the projects and you'll find a way to take care of that without spending alot of $. It took care of mine, plus it'll give you a chance to get rid of the dino fluid and put some synthetic in instead.