Local Tennessee Meet?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Are there not enough of us in Tennessee to get together once in a while (once

a year to have our own local meet?). Find a central place to go and enjoy friendship,

bar-b-que, and family? Washington is cool, but too far and too rainy. Texas is

cool (HOT) and too far for some of us, and some of us simply cannot afford to make

it to the National Meet. Let me know your thoughts on this. I am still relatively

new to this site, so if there is already something like this, please let me know

so that the wife and I can attend. If not, can we plan something?

Memfus representing. I might be talked into a get-together, if we can figure out a relatively cool time of year to do it (ie not to hot!).

I can be in Johnson City in 1 hour, Pigeon Forge in 2 hours. I'd be willing to go ~2 hours. How about during the fall Grand Rod Run In Pigeon Forge? I think it's the second weekend in September. A good showing of Tracs would be cool with all the Rods.

The rod runs in Pigeon Forge are definitely something I miss about Tennessee. And the annual Street Rod show in Knoxville in May. The only problem is the sheer number of cars that will show up in Pigeon Forge on a weekend, since there is Dollywood, and the shops and stores, and Gatlinburg down the way, and the Smokies. I've sat for two hours in traffic in Pigeon Forge before deciding to turn around and leave. The rod runs are much more fun during the week.

That being said, it is very easy to put together a little impromptu display in Pigeon Forge. Just do like all the rodders do, and have everyone stay at one hotel/motel. That way the parking lot becomes the display area, and let everyone walking down the street to look at the rods look at Tracs as well. Just get there before Saturday! And I wish I could get back up there to join you!

Latest posts