Location of 05 ST Keypad Code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jana Paschen

Reaction score
I just picked up my 05 ST tonight, dealership is of course closed. I was told by the dealer that the code was in the manual, but I don't even have the manual.

Does anyone know where the code is located in the 05 xlt??

Thanks

Behind the glove box there is a module. On the module there is a 5 digit code, that is your code.

There is two ways to get to it. Remove the air bag and glove box or remove the vent work of the upper dash and read it through the windshield.

JP,

Removing the air bag can be dangerous!!! Maybe try several other suggestions before

trying this one, and then have someone with experience help you with it!

I would think if you bought it from a Ford Dealer, they should be able to pull it out of the

computer, or BCM ( Body Control Module) for you at no charge, since you say it didn't

have an Owners Manual with it! This would be the decent thing for them to do !:D

JP - It is really very easy to do yourself. I haven't searched for it in awhile, but there is a good description of it here somewhere. Takes 15 minutes at the most. I had to do the same thing with mine as it did not come with the code written anywhere in the manual.

Latest posts