Locking lug nut key for 04 Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth Krusich

Reaction score
While fiddling with my brakes recently, I lost the key for the locking lug nuts on my 2004 Sport Trac, which means, of course, that I can't get the tires off until I figure out a way to get another one. Can anyone tell me the best/quickest way to find a replacement and how much I can expect to pay? Thanks!

Seth

I don't mean to high jack your post. I have a 02 ( just bought it. ) Am I suppose to have a locking lug nut key with my ST.

thomas

Hey Thomas,

Not sure about an 02. If you pop off the center cover on your wheel and look at your lug nuts you'll be able to tell. If you do need one, four of them will be normal lug nuts and one will look like something is missing. That's the one that will require a little socket key to get the nut off. If that's the case, you might check your glove box...that's where mine was when I bought the truck. In the case that you need one and don't have it, hopefully someone will know and we'll get the answer we need!

ST's didn't come with locking nuts from the factory. They are an after-market item, which could be from Ford, but not necessarily.

Thanks for the feedback. Went to an auto parts store and they didn't have the right size key so as a last resort my dad talked me into going back to the spot along the road where I was pretty sure I lost it. It had been 24 hours since I lost it and it was about 20 degrees out and dark, so I didn't hold out much hope. We looked for about 10 minutes and I happened to glance at my dad's feet as he walked across the road and there it was...sitting right between 2 turn lanes. We had said a prayer before we got out of the truck to look, so I'm sure that's the only reason we found it!

Latest posts