Looking at rims, what offset will work?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big K

Reaction score
To be specific I'm looking at Mustang Bullitt rims, 17x9 or so... It's been a long time since I've gotten wheels for a vehicle, so I've forgotten almost entirely about offsets and whatnot. And all of the Gen 1 ST's have the 5-4.5" bolt pattern, right?

The OEM gen 1 wheel is 7" width, with +12mm offset.

My 18"s on my '04 are 8.5" wide 0 offset. I would think for 9" rims. A 0 to -12mm would be good.

I really like the rims you have on your ST, Eddie. I don't quite think that sort of style could be pulled off on a DBP ST like mine, but what sort of rims are those anyway? I've never seen anything like 'em.

Big K,

My rims are the Enkei RT-6. Size is 18x8.5 with 0 offset. 5 on 4.5 pattern.

I bought them used from one of our members for $600 with different tires. At that time they were over $200 per rim/new. The bfg tires were about $120 new. Tires had about 3/4 tread left. So I got good deal. His Dad is a trucker and deliverd them to me.

Now the price has droped to around $130 each at discount wheel places.

Why do you say they wont work on yours.? They fit perfect with the fenders and no problems with the 265/60-18 cooper tires. With the 0 offset the extra 1.5"=(38.1mm) rim width minus the OEM (12mm) is 26.1mm=(1.02") to the out side. So no need for spacers. The wheels widened the stance 1" per side. So that is 2" wider stance over all.

I like the Idea of 18" over 20" wheel. Still have enough rim to ground rubber to get a decent ride. The 265/60-18 tires are only .3" taller than OEM.

Im old school. I wont go with 20" rims. Unless There is enough room for more tire than, OEM diameter. Need some cushion for pot holes.

Eddie,

It's not that I don't think they would fit, I'm not sure how they would look with my Trac. But... do you have any other photos of them?

Reaper,

Are you able to ship? If not I have a buddy Gellatin that I might be able to talk into picking them up. But I get paid next Friday.

BigK,, here is close up of front and rear. This is not the tires I have now though.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Those are pretty sweet, Eddie! I didn't realize that they were DD's. Very nice. I'm still not sure about how they would look on my ST, though.

Yeah, I'm still really keen on the idea of the bullitts. I had some on my last Ford (2004 Mach 1), and it's sort of my thing. I really think that some 17x9 Anthracite Bullitts would look nice with a stock-size/close-to-stock-size tire. Unfortunately I just don't understand backspacing, offset, etc... It's sad, really. Haha.

How is the wear on those BFG's, Eddie? I know some people swear by 'em, but I've never really given them a shot before.