looking for a svo 4.5 l v6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYAN TURNER 2

Reaction score
I was looking for a svo 4.5l v6. they are suppose to have been in a nascar busch series cars. I was told they can get as much as 700-850 hp out of them. I want to build a desert truck but dont want the hastle of the v8. any help would be much apreciated

Busch cars use V8's, I think they always have.

The SVO (Special Vehicle Operations, the precursor to SVT) made a hi-po Mustang, but even then it was a turbocahrged inline 4.

You can buy the small-block Chevy motors from a Nextel Cup car, a Busch car, or even a Craftsman truck, if you want to pay a good penny for one. The Nextel cars get about 800 HP, Busch around 725-750, and less then 700 for the trucks, although the motors in the Busch and trucks can be upped to 800 easily, they are detuned through the rules. I've seen a few places in the past online where you could buy used motors, although they were detuned to about 500-600 HP for the street, although I can't seem to find any of those places now.

Really, you'd be better off and cheaper buying a used motor from a junkyard or local paper, rebuild it, and pump it up to the HP level you want. You could even buy a long block crate motor that'll make a certian HP number. If you don't mind using a Chevy motor, the options are nearly limitless....quite a bit more limited if you want to stick with Ford.

The old bush cars ran 6's but that was a wile back. You can get HP from any motor all you need is a lot of $$$$$$ The 2.4 mustang 4 cly. raceing motor was 600 HP just money have fun. Bill

Ya but these motors were reliable with little to nothing done to them. You can run them in the desert all day long and not over heat them. I live in az and want to have a sleeper prerunner. So if you could lead me in the direction to get one would be very welcomed.

Ryan,

The money you would spend on that V6, you could buy a 302 and push it to 400+ HP without a problem. It would be reliable, you can get replacement parts for it just about aywhere and the tranny options would be endless.

Tom

ya I could but why? there is from what everyone on here says to be to much work. but I have friends that have a 302 in their explorer or even ranger so dont know how theres to much work but this 4.5l v6 can rev up to 14k and is just a sick monster of a motor thats why I am looking for this . and it blots up to a c4 auto tranny.

Ryan,

I know where you are coming from. Find the engine. I want to see it.

If the motor turns 14,000 RPM, I would be putting it up to a C6 before I would use a C4.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
motor turns 14,000 RPM

rpm range and powerband, you dont need to rap 14,000 rpm to go fast, lordy if you want to rap some serious rpm's just get a 13b rotary engine. or better yet get a 3 rotor weinkel rotary motor from japan, put twin turbos on it and bam u got some serious scoot