Looking for Cat back for Gen2V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this link, I have the same setup on mine. Loud enough when you want it, quiet enough not to notice. Bob

PS: you can even give your own reasonable price offer and they may accept it. Got mine for $425.00

I recall one member here having a custom dual exhaust installed on his Gen 2 V8. Was pretty pricey, though. I think around $1600 Canadian.

You will not find any over the counter ones for duals out the back. It will have to be custom made and my exhaust man did not reccomend doing it due to brake lines and other items in the way. It can be done, but only by a custom exhaust shop.

Save your money and do what i did..... Cut out the FRONT resonator and pipe it,....

DONE !!!!!

Unless you want some thing else, my Adren sounds just like a magnaflow now..

Todd Z

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1262055&REPLYCOUNT=11&sitename=mysporttrac

I've done both;

Cut resonator out of stock system and weld in a pipe.

replace stock resonator and muffler with a magnaflow muffler.

Not even close. The Magnaflow sounds so much better. A little louder and the sound is deeper than the OEM muffler. Also, under load, the OEM muffler (without resonator) made a strange wooshing or air rushing sound that was not present when the resonator was equiped. It sounded horrible.

It will be significantly less expensive to buy a magnaflow and weld it in while removing the OEM resonator. Probably cost you just over $100.00.

performancepeddler.com w/ coupon/discount code:clubgp will give you the best possible price of any online store.

Nothing beats a true dual exhaust system for sound, power and looks. Yes, it was pricey, but I plan I keeping my truck for a long time and spend a lot of time on the road, so for me it was worth it. Check out my library for pics on the exhaust, and you can check out a link I attached for a little video a made of the exhaust.

V8 DESERVES Dual Exhaust with a cross-over pipe!

The sweet sound of a V8 is reason enough to spend money to not have a V6. Now, a straight six would be different, but for me- V8 trumps V6 EVERYTIME.

Latest posts