Looking for insight on vibration

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to put this out there to get any insight on a problem I'm having. A couple weeks ago my ABS light went on so I thought I needed some front brake work (I was due anyways). So I picked up pads and a couple new rotors. On the way home from buying the parts (timing is everything) I started getting this awful grinding noise. So the next day start taking apart my front driver's side brake and when I go to take the rotor off the stud plate on the hub starts coming with it. DOH! Apparantly, my hub failed. Grease all over the inside of the old rotor, stud plate could pull 1/4" out of the hub- BAD news. I'm pretty sure the caliper was the only reason why the wheel was still on the truck. So, I ended up replacing the hub/wheel bearing assembly, new rotor, new pads - good to go right? Wrong. Ever since then she's been vibrating horribly 60+. Now at low speeds I believe the vibration is still there but very, very subtle. I had the tires balanced and rotated - no help. I replaced the front shocks with Reflexes, that actually took the vibration down about 50%, but it's still pretty bad. I'm almost positive the vibration is coming from the left front. No change when braking. Looking for some insight to what may be causing this. She's a 2002 4x4 w/100,800 miles.

Thanks, Jason

Could have a bad front axle shaft.....

Todd Z

we are also having vibration only at low speed and when pulling out with wheel slightly turned either way. does not happen when pulling out straight. only 30k miles. any help

Latest posts