looking for new exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathen lloyd

Reaction score
looking to buy a exhaust for my 05 st but have no idea where to start any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

nate

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a magnaflow cat-back on my 04. i liked the sound of it and i believe alot of members have the same system.

Do you want to buy a cat-back system or build your own? If you want to build your own, yeah check out performance peddler, or jegs, or anything along those lines

If you want a cat back, here's one

A cat back is the exhaust system that starts from the catalytic converter and goes to the tips. And I don't know about the sound, it all depends on which brand you choose

Cat back would be the exhaust after your Catalytic Converters Back to the tail pipe.

I believe most of the after market exhaust will give you a deeper tone. Simply cutting off your factory muffler & installing a flowmaster 40 series muffler will give it a deeper tone.

I myself like the look of Dual Exhaust. Some day mine might actually show up. I only ordered March 7th!!! Here is a link...

EDIT: Craig you beat me to it...

I have a 40 Series Flowmaster on mine & it has a deeper tone. You will also need a small 2. 1/4" pipe to piece in as well due to the Factory muffler being long.

FYI: Dynomax has $30 rebate going on right now with their catback systems. So if you buy it thru Rockauto.com that makes it $200.

Clo650, When you get that kit from whitney. I hope you can do a sound file. I have always wondered about that kit. Started to get it but I wanted stainless.

Did you order the slash tip or the flush cut?

Fast Eddie, I ordered the stainless slash cut tips. I also just checked with JC Whitney & my Exhaust has finally SHIPPED!!! I'll start a new tread if I can figure out how to get a sound file.

Sorry Nate

I got a Gibson cat-back on my '08, frankly I think it's too loud. Sounds good outside the truck, too loud inside the truck. Got a new chrome tip with a resonator built in at Auto Zone for $24, that made it a little quieter.