Looking for opinions on Yokohama tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Spiegel

Reaction score
I have an oppurtunity to get Yokohama Geolander HT/S G051 for $105 a tire out the door.

Tirerack rates the tire extremely well over tires like the Bridgestone Duelers (D693) and BFG Radial long trail. The Duelers and the Long trails will run me $25 more per tire.

Looking for opinions, recomendations and guidance on which tires to purchase.

Thanks to all,

I have the Yokohama Geolander HT/S G051 on my Trac. I purchased them from Discount Tire. At the time, they were a little cheaper there than Tirerack. I have no complaints about them so far. I have only had them a few months, but just got back from a trip with them and they ride good and are quiet. I think they are a good choice for a street tire and I would buy them again.

Best tires I ever had on any single vehicle were the Yokos that came on a 91 Mitsu Galant. Changed them out with over 80k miles on them, and they were still very legal.

TJR

The only tires I put on my Porsche 928 were Yokos. They are sticky as hell and I could safely do high speed stops in the rain without sliding. In a word - awesome. When I upgrade the Trac to 20s Yokos are my first choice.

Latest posts