Loss of power after warmed up?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
heya...

I remember when I first came to the site here that I was looking for an answer on why it seemed after my ST was warmed up, it would be a little more gutless....

Anyone recall how to remedy this problem, and if it is a good or bad idea to do it?

Thanks!

Chris,

How are your filters?

Last tune up???

have you cleaned your MAF?

Have you cleaned the IAC??

Also the coolant sensor has been known to cause issues...

Could even be a failing o2 sensor or even a bad catalytic converter.

There is a laundry list that it could be...

If it was the opposite I would say it was a vacuum leak, But not when warm.

Todd Z

I read his post as though he wants to maintain the power he has when the engine is cold...

Not so much that he is trying to re-gain some loss he has suffered. If so, there is no real good way to do the same as when the engine is cold. The fuel consumption would be VERY costly. You can do it by fooling the ECM that the engine is not up to temp. This will affect the engine after some time. I would stay away from doing so...

I would suggest going the other route. Different exhaust, intake, chip or ECM tune of some kind.

Okay, great.

I saw a project about altering something, so maybe it was not a good idea.

I have the muffler and 18" Magnaflow rolled SS tips in my posession tonight, and install tomorrow! Ordered the MAC CAI, and was shipped yesterday, Im hoping it gets here by friday..... its been a 3wk christmas for me! IM SO EXCITED!

Im like comparing my ST to Ferarris lately ;) hahahah (IM KIDDING) but I cant stop telling my friends, my kids, and my wife about this truck, I think they all wanna slap me out of it, lol.