lost the girlfriends Acura key...Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Dziubina

Reaction score
lost the spare key to girlfriends Acura RSX...do these keyes have the "smart chip" in them like the S/T? can i get a key from a locksmith or do i have to buy another one from the dealer? i know the dealer is fairly expensive,,,i believe mine was 80 bucks or so. thanks

Hopefully LaRue will chime in he is a member here and a Professional Locksmith, HE has helped many members out on this site....

Todd Z

THANKS TODD (who you callin "Professional"):lol::lol:

Mike,

The key for that model takes a computerized key just like the ST does. It must be programmed into the car's computer. I can send you a cut key ready to program for the same price as an ST. $25 cut and shipped. All I need is her key code to the car, or $18 extra and the VIN# so I can get a key code for you. Then you pay a locksmith or dealer to program the key. Probably in the $30-$50 price range. Let me know.

Larue,

Check your Email.

Thx.

Todd

I need one of those too LaRue, my son lost one of my MDX keys. In Canada the remote costs $292 and the key $99 including programing. He is going to go to the US to get the remote for $97 but they won't sell him the key because he is not the registered owner of the vehicle. What is the price for an MDX key? I know Acura is all over the map with key pricing.

Geoff B,, you have the same key,, so same deal.

The key for that model takes a computerized key just like the ST does. It must be programmed into the car's computer. I can send you a cut key ready to program for the same price as an ST. $25 cut and shipped. All I need is your key code to the car, or $18 extra and the VIN# so I can get a key code for you. Then you pay a locksmith or dealer to program the key. Probably in the $30-$50 price range. Let me know. (does it cost any more to send to Canada?)

With Acuras the new key has to be in the car and the key programmer has to be hooked to the OBD port in order to program it - 'tis the only way to do it. The fobs you can do yourself.

grump

Latest posts