Louisville meet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Odds are there will not be another one since the Explorer as we know it will cease production.

Tom

The Louisville Assembly Plant will be converted to build small cars and apparently small crossovers (Ford Kuga).

I think the St. Louis plant is still building Explorers, but as Tom said, it looks like Ford is moving the Explorer to a unibody platform. The next generation of Sport Trac could be something like the Ridgeline, or maybe a Crew cab Ranger.

Kuga...!!! Kuga!!!...Kuga...!!!

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Well, I could have but why???? Sounds Cool!!!!!!!!

We still plan on doing a national meet even if the ST is not being built....

Don't know the kind of turn out, But would still be nice....

OR smaller regional meets......

But need people to help and organize them and we all know how that goes...

I am still talking to Ford about a 2010....

Todd Z

a Pacific, Mountain, Central and East regional meets are good ideas for the inbetween Natioal meets!

Ford does have proving grounds still, I thnk it is in MI. They kept that one over the one in Az. That would be an awesome tour. (and is Free) The FPG in AZ only accepted groups no less than 15 people. We were fortunate to have seen the Az proving grounds when Ford owned it for the SW Regional/AZ meet What an informative venue that was!

Todd I can't commit just now but I should know closer to end of ths year or beginning of 2010. I hope to be able to attend. But, even if I can't attend the next National meet maybe there is something I would be able to do to help you all out in some way with preperations.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of turnout is usual for a meet?

i suspect my family could be talked into something like this very easily.I would like the chance to see up close how everyone has put their ideas to these vehicles.

I

If you have two or more members that is a meet. The more the merrier. and there is nothing more cooler than seeing a line of ST's going somewere down the road.

Mini meets can be two tracs or more very simple, If you want, clikck on my wrench to see an good example of how to do Simple meets, just suggetions to help folks out, its not set in stone just some basic ideas to help. Caymen and his wife, came to Pa to meet up with me an Ford guy, We were te only ones and had a great time. Nelson held a meet in OKC, before going over seas, had two oter members and trac and the 3 of them had a Great time.

Regional meets (and this is just my idea of one) Mim of 10 -12, is more than one state of Members coming together. For the Southwest regional meet, we invited 6 states or anyone else that wanted to attend. We had members from AZ, and Calif, and Nevada. I think there wre more from California that attended. We only ended up with 10 tracs and One very cool F150 and more than 20 of us. but It turned out to be fun and we went that tour of the Proving ground. That was so cool.

Natiional Meets is the Mecca for us ST Owners, the more the BETTER! I've always liked o see 100 sport tracs in a convoy, Dallas National meet we had 50 somethng??? Louieville, 2008 we had??? 48?? not sure on that but Todd an the Admins would know for sure.

the thng about holding meets if ...the more you promote promote promote and come up with ways to make it interesting and fun for all, with little cost for everyone is the key.

You will always have te ones tha say they will come then don't show and bail on you the last minute. But for the ones that come together, it' is wonderful thing and find it is very Fun to meet other members and see their rides and the things they have done to their STs.

It's not hard at all to hold a simple meet for members in your state or local area. Really it isn't

Meets are quite simply, a way to bring us Owners together, to form that common bond and meet folks that love their ST as much as you do :)

Last edited by a moderator:
02gb,

The first National Sport Trac meet in Louisville had about 100 ST's signed up with over 200 people, and most of them made it to the event. Since then, the numbers have dwindled down partially because of Ford not deciding on the exact itinerary until very late and people could not make get off work, or make plans.

The atcual dates and location has always been an issue. All but one National meet has been held in the middle of June in Louisville, KY. June was thought to be good since the kids are out of school, etc but some people have issues with scheduling vacations without a years notice, and also that's when the higher summer gas prices kick in and so the distance to travel makes it an issue for some. There are some people who claim that there are some other events going on that they want to attend that are totally unrelated to the Sport Trac.

Ford has provided a lot of financial support like dinners, prizes, and tours of the assembly plant, however they have also been very late in telling exactly what and when they will be prepared to support this group which has made it difficult for some people who need to make plans way in advance.

That is why I have always wanted for our group to plan the dates for the National meet at least 6 months in advance so people who wanted to attend could make plans. Then if Ford wanted to support us they could, and if they could not, then they did not have to. I really think we allowed Ford to take too much control of our National meet, but they did provide a lot of support, which we all appreciated.

...Rich

Thanks for the info guys!

I will go to one- I was hoping to hear a lot of people would go.Its hard to afford Disney or Six Flags when you are strapped with a family,but this would be great way to spend some time with the family and meet folks.

I would enjoy another meet. My first meet was last year and it was cool to put a face and truck to a name. I am good for another meet where ever it may be. Heck I drive 1300 miles just to go wheeling in MOAB.

If you have two or more members that is a meet. The more the merrier. and there is nothing more cooler than seeing a line of ST's going somewere down the road.

Even if it just for Brunch.....

[Broken External Image]:

We had a great time.. and it was my first meet with anyone from the site..

Sal A:

Not to derail this thread, but did you ever complete the CD/DVD from last year's Louisville meet? I'd still like one if that's possible.

Latest posts