Lower engine splash sheild

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I am at a loss. U called up ford and they said they've never made a lower engine splash sheild for 04 s.t what should I do. Any tips on DIY splash sheild or where to get a compatible one

If you have the old one or the opposite side, go to HomeDepot or Lowes, pick up some black rubber matting, cut your own.

Believe thats a molded hard plastic piece,
bolted to the bottom of the front bumper\cover assembly, covering the bottom of the radiator.
Likely a Ford part# molded into it; would have to remove mine to find that number.
Ford may only sell the front bumper\cover as one assembly.
Could try a junkyard.

Again you could cut and fit your own from some heavy rubber mats.

Ive 1/2" heavy rubber mats from HomeDepot under the washer and dryer as sound barriers, and in front of the workbench to relieve my aching feet. I

Are you talking about the lower black vanity panels attached to the front fascia? Or are you talking about the splash guard located at the bottom of the radiator to deflect water away from the front of the engine?

If you're talking about the plastic splash guard that attaches to the front fascia, you might try Carid.com and talk to their customer service. This is a copy of a link to a 2007 ST Security Check

if your doing off roading you want some coverage under trac, i would highly recommend doing what your talking about. i cut a trans line first few times i went out from branches i went over, i looked at shaping alluminum but did metal mesh from grill inserts and i will post some pics after it warms up here, the under carriage and lines are exposed, really bad after lifting and way cheaper to cover then replace parts.

1636126996673.png

sorry my trac is way dirty, the inserts are same as in my lower grill and they work great for trans lines, rocks and branches
i have had wedged in it and removed and hammered it back.

Latest posts