LOWES SUCKS!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
Alright, my vent. First for this site.

Before Thanksgiving, purchased a Frigidaire Gallery glass top dual oven for 1500. took two weeks to get it delivered. I call to have the 'professionals' come out, scheduled and provided by Lowes, to clean some material that has gotten between the panes of glass on the bottom stove.

HINT-keep your ham in a deep dish to prevent spills when removing.

After cleaning it, tech put glass back together, I was worried because it didn't look exactly like he knew what he was doing. Sure enough, boom! glass shatters. All over the kitchen.

I tell him "I aint paying for anything now, right?" he told me that this service is now free. he calls his boss, tells me I will get a replacement by the 9th.

That was the 9th of Feb! Multiple calls to the Appliance and refrigeration hospital to finally find out that it will be another 6 weeks before I can get the replacement.

Contact lowes. they inform me,

first:

since it has been past our 30 days return policy, you have to contact the service company.

"Uhmm, I did, and they told me 6 more weeks. So why should I have to wait with a non working stove longer than I have had a working stove? Please check with another store, or come get this one and give me a new one"

Second:

Well, you did call them to come out and do a non warranty repair

"WAIT, your saying its my fault that I have to wait 2 flipping months!

Third:

Click.

Why in gods name did I ever listen to a lowes fan.

Home Depot, please forgive me! I am coming home! Never had an issue with HD, so to lowes, :btddhorse::fire::btddhorse:

Last edited by a moderator:
On but off topic I guess. I bought a stove from Best Buy. Got a 4 year warranty. I had an accident take place at home on the stove. Had been using the stove top to simmer some food and took the lid off to stir, I put the lid face down on the glass stove top, the lid stuck to the stove like a plunger in the potty. After like 5 minutes, the lid popped off by itself and shattered the whole glass top. I was like WTF?!? I didn't know it would do that. So never do that!

I contacted Best Buy, because I thought I should still be within my warranty. Nope, it expired 1 week before this accident. Went to the store to find a replacement glass for it. Believe it or not, the price to replace the whole glass top is more expensive than just buying another stove.

So I bought another stove with a 10 year warranty this time. I bought the new stove, the same day the old one got killed. Got it delivered like 4 days later on a Saturday. Delivery people took my old stove, hooked up the new one, put a tilt brace on and was gone.

Good luck on getting your glass for your stove and installed correctly.

I bought a new Bosh Washer/Dryer($2000 plus hoses, taxes and delivery) from Lowes 5 years ago. It took about 4 days for it to arrive from their warehouse to the local store. I arranged for delivery/installation and took off work that afternoon to be home. They would only tell me delivery would be between 12pm and 5pm?

At 5pm I called Lowes and said that the nobody had shown up? They said that it could be as late as 9pm???? But they said they would call the delivery guy and find out when he would arrive at my house. The delivery guy calls me and says that he hurt his back and Lowes did not have anyone to replace him, so he would not make it that night?

I called Lowes and spoke to a manager and let him know that I took off work to wait for delivery. He appologized and said he would be sure it was deliver tomorrow and gave me a 10% discount off the total charges. Since I paid by check I had to wait 10 after the purchase date, and then they would give me the cash discount.

When the 10 days were up I went to the Lowes' service desk for my 10% discount. That's when the fun started. The customer service desk attendant contacted the manager to verify the discount, and he said, yes...10% off the total charges.

Most people know that to arrive at 10%, you simply move the decimal point to the left one digit. I guess the lady did not believe me and kept trying to enter the 10% disount into the cash register/terminal and could not get it to come out right. After an hour, I said I had something else to do and I would be back in about an hour.

When I got back, she had turned the problem over to her supervisor, who could not get it to work either??? Eventually she came up with a number that was $8 more than the 10% discount, so I said fine...that was close enough. I took the money and left.

In all fairness, the problem was in their POS terminal. They had to enter the 10% discount on each item separately, but it would not allow some items to be discounted, like the delivery charges...that's what gave them fits... But it does seem strange that even the supervisor could not calculate a 10% discount in her head? DUH:btddhorse:

...Rich

Problem is with the installer, not Lowes. But Lowes should weed out the poor installers. I bought a dishwasher from Lowes and paid to have it installed. When finished, the dishwasher stuck out from the cabinet about 2". I complained to the installer, but he said it was a deeper dishwasher and that was the way it had to be. He said he had nine to install that day and had to get going. After he left, I pulled the dishwasher out and saw that he installed the electrical junction box behind, rather than to the side of the dishwasher as the installation instructions stated. I changed the box location and the dishwasher fit as it should. Called Lowes to complain, they said they'd note it in his file (like that really happened).

:soap:

Odd,,,,,,In my city HD sucks. Their additudes and the store look. You would think you were in a second hand store.

Lowe's is across the street. Myself and many I know go to it. It is cleaner and better service. Also the lay out of merchandise is neet and simpule.........

0226226e5f1dab4d7f23bea013ecc088.png

I work for one of the two. There's little difference but the management and culture in each individual store. Installers suck for both on occasion (both are excellent most of the time, to be fair) and having had run the specialty/kitchen and bath/appliances department, it's frustrating to have a third party under contract that you have no control over. Calling through a direct vendor line once, I asked to speak to a supervisor when I wasn't getting anywhere; I was just told "no", lol. That vendor is used by both stores.

It's the same for both stores. How the customer is taken care of is what makes the difference. I've maintained a good name for myself, couldn't care less about the company's but being a man of my word ultimately helps the company. That's what I mean by it coming down to management and culture.

Glad to have moved on from that position but I still deal with it from time to time.

Hug is correct! While I was disappointed in my delivery/installer not showing up when he was scheduled, the manager stepped up and gave me a great discount for something that was not his fault,...and the final install went smooth and I have not had to fix or adjust anything in 5 years. :grin:

I also agree that Home Depot is probably not much better. HD seems to have more employees willing to offer help...when you don't really need it, but when you do need help, they are nowhere to be found? :angry:

I don't really have a preference...Lowes sells some things cheaper and sometimes Home Depot is cheaper? I'm gratetful that we have both and that they give us a choice. Before HD and Lowes, we had only one Home Improvement center, and they had no competition. They went out of business (probably because of their high prices) and it was several years before HD and Lowes built stores here.

...Rich

Jerry- have you tried calling Frigidaire customer service? You might get more help from them than you did from Lowes.

Call Us

Mon - Sat, 8am - 8pm

1 (800) 374-4432 (EST)

yea, I have been told its Fridgidair thats telling them its 6 weeks to get a piece of glass.

Ill give you the sand! Hell, ill blow any pipe you need me to, to make it!

Sorry, still burning. I will try, thanks for the information.

Latest posts