Lucas Oil question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of results ?? HP, Torque, Longevity, Breakdown???

R&G, looked around on the internet for awhile and nothing that backs that up. I even went on Lucas's site and you'd think if a claim would be made, it would be there, no dice. Could be true, but there isn't anything supporting it that I found. Could be his sales tactic.;)

Shawn, The guy did say that he used it in his own race car, sooooo . . .? I didn't see anything to back up the claim either. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't some info. out there to back it up.

Here's the site for those that want to look at it.

Yeah, I saw thier site. Alot of info about it being used in racing engines. Here is an Amsoil site that gives tests of Motorcycle oils. It has Lucas and Royal Purple on there. As far as viscocity index rating, Lucas was rated over Royal Purple. (of course they were better than Amsoil also, but of course since it was an Amsoil site, they explain that isn't always a good thing) They then post the results of thier "Viscocity Sheer" results. Lucas didn't do well here. Alot of info on it here. Take it with a grain of salt. It really depends on what site you look at. Of course Lucas isn't going to put anything that goes wrong with thier oil on thier site. Didn't see any test results on there that compared it to any other oil either. I feel, if you want to use it go ahead. Give it a shot. I was just mentioning that I looked around after your post to see if I could find anything for you. I didn't last night. Found this stuff this morning on my computer at home. Hope this helps.;)

Lucus Oil additives are a no no......

They do live up to their claims, but they also cause the oil to foam easier. Getting thousands of tiny little air bubbles in your oil system is not a cool thing.

Royal purple oil is great stuff, so is Amsoil, but Lucus, or any oil additive for that matter...ummm

Could be very, very bad....