Luggage Rack for SportTrac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Felder

Reaction score
Hey peeps. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a luggage rack. I don't have the cross bars. I just have the "stock" rails.

We are going to travel from Oklahoma to Arizona this coming March. Last time we traveled there I wished that I had a luggage rack for my rack on my ST. If anyone lives in OKC that can recommend a local place to get something then I won't have to order one online. Don't want to spend a lot. Would consider a soft one. Doesn't have to be hard material.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
They make many luggage bags. Work great. They are soft sided and have sinch straps. I have used them for camping trips and have had great luck with them...

For example, here is one from Ebay, (which is where I bought mine)...

c2d0b6b7f5deffb00348947780d12b49.jpg

What about not having cross bars? Do I have to have them? All I have is the stock rails. Thanks for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used my bag without crossbars on my Trac and my wifes 4 door Explorer. We had no issues. I would bet we had about 70 pounds of stuff in the bag. Soft stuff on the bottom. We opened up the sleeping bags to act like a shock absorber for the harder items...

Jim,

You just reminded me of something...SOMEWHERE in my "Important Stuff Storage Area" I still have a set of cross-bars (forgot about 'em when I put all my ST items on the Swap & Sell). If you (or anyone else) is interested, e-mail me & I'll make it a point to dig them out.

I drove to montana from minnesota this last summer and used my gear basket, the milage kinda sucked.

I would recomend using one of those roof top bags, but attach it behind the cab on the toneau (sp?) cover. it will attached to the tiedowns and I would think that the milage would be better.

Latest posts