Made it towing 6500(ish)lbs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Allen

Reaction score
We'll, I made it. Turned out the trailer was heaver than expected about 5500lbs, I'm sure it was around 6500 with propane, BBQ's, dishes, and all the extra's. The ST pulled it nicely, however I had a tail wind both ways which was nice. I averaged about 27L/100km which was the down side and gas went up to $1.31 a liter for the drive home. The ST definitely had its work cut out but only slowed to about 90km heading up larger hills. The torsion bars were cranked and the ride was very enjoyable! The charge line kept the batteries full and the trailer break pre-wire was flawless. It was very minimal prep on the ST to be able to pull such a large trailer. Although the ST performed well, I dont think I will put my baby under that much stress again.

I lost my camera somewhere along the trip, this was the only picture I had, it's from my phone so the quality is a little low, but it gives you some kind of idea on the size of the trailer 7.5ft x 24ft

[Broken External Image]:

Wow, you're the only other STer I know of that have put a 24 footer behind their Trac. I've done it with my bike clubs 8ft x 24ft enclosed trailer and it's width along brings about challenges. Congrats on the succesful trip... [Broken External Image]:

This pic was taken with my phone in the rain so excuse the poor quality.

Last edited by a moderator: